Arson Investigators Subrogation Webinar Series – Important Tips and Critical Issues Involved in Investigating and Handling Condominium and Townhome Losses
Held On June 11 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Presenter: Jennifer Poynter – Poynter Law
Jennifer Poynter is the owner of Poynter Law. She has been practicing law for 24 years in the areas of large loss property subrogation, insurance defense, and coverage analysis. She handles a wide range of subrogation matters including claims arising from fires, floods, freeze failures, product defects, construction defects and explosions as they pertain to commercial and residential property losses. She is an active member of NASP. She is admitted in Colorado and Kansas, and she handles cases in CO, KS, MO, UT, ND, SD and WY. She handles every aspect of subrogation files from the moment the loss occurs through trial.
Attendees will learn how to identify and handle the legal issues and hurdles involved in handling condominium and townhome subrogation cases. The following issues will be covered:
- How to investigate a loss that did not occur in your insured’s unit, even without the use of an expert.
- How to gather information on how the loss occurred and determine whether the information gathered can be used in litigation.
- How to enlist the assistance of the HOA and the building management company.
- What to consider when reviewing the HOA documents.
- How to determine whether you can bring a claim against the HOA.
- Identifying all responsible parties (including other unit owner, HOA and management company) and the claims against each entity.
- How to obtain the information you need to complete your investigation.
- Potential claims between unit owners and tenants and issues arising in that context.
- Damages apportionment.
- Legal issues unique to these types of cases.